"2M today, 10M with no change in technology"? An informal survey.

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Tue Aug 28 04:55:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Jon Lewis wrote:

> Though if you've kept up with the latest IOS developments, cisco is
> finally differentiating the platforms we've assumed for years were only
> different in angle and paint.  6500's won't get to run the newest 7600
> code.
I think Cisco is coming to their senses. SXH has *most* of SRB features,
while (hopefully) more stable.

At this point, imho, the rsp720 is getting the short end of the stick,
because it is only limited to SRB+, while you have a choice of SX* and SRB
on the sup720.

But I think, imho, this discussion belongs to cisco-nsp more than to
nanog-l.

-alex [not speaking as mlc blah blah]