IPv6 network boundaries vs. IPv4

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Mon Aug 27 19:12:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 07:12:54AM -0400, Jason LeBlanc wrote:

> OT: He probably meant MOP and LAT are not routable, man that brings back
> memories.

Yeah, I realy did, but my fingers typed 'decnet isn't routable' because
that how the folks I worked with at the time described the issue.  I was
young at the time, and didn't understand the nuances (as opposed to
being older and missing nuances now).

My old nuerons took over when I composed the message, sorry for the
confusion.  Thanks to all the folks that have replied off-list.
The (on topic) answers are coming where I expected them:
  - keep routing boundaries congruent
  - at local edges / stubs do whatever you want, but do it in private,
    and wash your hands afterwards (with appologies to R.A. Heinlein)