ISP Filter Policies

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu Aug 23 21:21:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 11:02:28AM -0700, Adam Clark wrote:
[snip]
> We have some migrations to do from one space to another and having
> the ability to do some /24 advertisements during that period would
> be greatly helpful.

Always assume you have no visibility everywhere and that your
squeakiest wheel will have some connection to a site you hadn't
considered, believed obscure, etc.  Recall the first clause of
the robustness principle and apply it to your signalling. Test
well in advance of any actual cut.

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE