SpamHaus Drop List

Al Iverson aiversonlists at spamresource.com
Thu Aug 23 19:51:49 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Paul Vixie wrote:
> >> Does anyone use spamhaus drop list ?
> >> http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/index.lasso
> >
> > i do.
> >
> >> I'm glad to listen opinions or experience.
> >
> > no false positives yet.  mostly seems to drop inbound tcp/53.
>
> Waving a dead chicken over your computer will have no false positives too.
>
> Is it a placebo or does it actually have an effect?

Well, Paul's comment makes me think that it may be keeping bad guys
out of his nameservers, which may make it harder for them to spam him.
That seems like it has a potential positive effect.

Al

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com
News, stats, info, and commentary on blacklists: http://www.dnsbl.com