Network Operations Guide

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Wed Aug 22 20:23:08 UTC 2007

> Once a spreadsheet starts to become a valuable source of data, the data
> should be stuffed into the database where it can be shared, kept up to
> date, be viewed consistently by all parts of the business, and joined
> with other data for reporting purposes. Then, when it makes sense to
> build or buy an application centered around a database, you already have
> a source of clean consistent data ready and waiting.

I'm guessing there is a tool somewhere that will take a set of data from
a database and present it like a spreadsheet for import/export of
updates. Anyone have a pointer?

Is anyone doing anything fancy like exporting their Visio to CSV some
other sort for inclusion into a database as meta data? (for viewing one
would grab the data and then ask Visio to render it)

DJ