Does anyone multihome anymore?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Aug 22 20:16:26 UTC 2007

At 02:12 PM 8/22/2007, Deepak Jain wrote:
>>Actually, in my case I dont think it would help because 577 has
>>some sort of paid agreement with teleglobe and probably a very
>>cheap (or even zero $$$) agreement with Cogent. So I dont think
>>they would let me influence their exit path to make them pay
>>Teleglobe more money :)
>
>Since AS577 keeps coming up in this discussion. They certainly could
>have adjusted their routing during this event if they felt their
>customers/business were being negatively impacted.
>
>If it didn't meet that threshold, who are we to judge what is good
>for their customers/business??

Hi,

I am not judging them at all. Its all from my perspective--- me me me me!!! :)

I am just trying to do the best for my customers and make a decent
ROI for the business with the resources I have-- just like they
are.  From Bell's perspective, getting to relatively small networks
like mine dont even register on their radar.  I am just trying to do
the best I can within the constraints of how routing works, and the
tools I have available to me.

         ---Mike