Cogent latency / congestion

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Mon Aug 20 22:42:19 UTC 2007

Eric Spaeth wrote:

> This appears to be affecting Telia as well.   Here was their last update:
>
> "Concerning the cable break near Cleveland we have been informed that
> the cables have been intentionally sabotaged. The provider informed that
> they need to change the whole damaged fibre part and that is 3600 feet.
> Fibre has been ordered and ETA is 1900 UTC. Once the fibre arrives they
> need to blow it into the 3600 feet long duct before the splicing can
> start."
>
> -Eric

Um, anyone have any information on how, why and who might be involved
with this sabotage? I'm not suggesting an increase in the threat level,
but it might be nice to know if the "Free Silicon" movement has decided
to make this a day of protest or something....

Anyone spots anything, please post!

--
Jeff Shultz