For want of a single ethernet card, an airport was lost ...

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Aug 18 09:31:28 UTC 2007

On 18/08/2007, at 5:09 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> This is rich .. LAX airport shut down for hours because of a PC with a
> duff network card.  Now I wonder which major contractor has the
> contract to set up and run the network at LAX, and how much in damages
> and SLA costs he is looking at, when an airport gets shut down from 2
> pm to midnight.
>
> http://blog.wired.com/sterling/2007/08/lax-outage-is-b.html

Wow, one little article, sooo much FUD. This quote really takes the
cake:

(((Nothing like that *so far,* that is. But why not dwell on the
notion that terrorists can remotely transform the US Customs Service
into a weapon against innocent travellers?)))

Oh noes! The terrerists can kill all the airports by installing dodgy
network cards in a machine!

I wonder if the machine had an RTL8139 card in there? ;)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au