DNS not working

Nachman Yaakov Ziskind awacs at ziskind.us
Fri Aug 17 16:26:24 UTC 2007

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote (on Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 12:12:41PM -0400):

> > bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote (on Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 10:26:43AM +0000):

> > If you want a serious answer to your question, it's because your
> > customers are not using your DNS servers to resolve queries (bully for
> > them, I say).
> >
> > The next (evil) step that you would have to take would be to intercept
> > outbound DNS queries (or maybe just the replies, even more evil) and
> > replace the answers with the ones you want. There are lots reasons not
> > to do this.
> >
> > The (slighty less evil, IMHO) other option would be for you to keep
> > track of google.com's ips (not so easy, as you'll see once you try) and
> > intercept web requests to those ips and replace them with your own.
> >
> 	This comes from an "Attorney and Counselor-at-Law", and without
> a legal disclaimer? I'm shocked.

Most electronic disclaimers aren't worth the paper they're printed
upon. :-)

> 	I'm also shocked someone would actually advocate this. I'm
> sure Google wouldn't be too happy to find out about it.

I kinda hoped that anyone reading the above would NOT get the impression
I'm advocating this. I'm not (unless you're a country with population
exceeding one billion, in which case you write your own rules. :-)

Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM       awacs at ziskind.us
Attorney and Counselor-at-Law           http://ziskind.us
Economic Group Pension Services         http://egps.com