DNS not working

Nachman Yaakov Ziskind awacs at ziskind.us
Fri Aug 17 15:39:10 UTC 2007

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote (on Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 10:26:43AM +0000):

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:41:35PM -0700, Jeff Shultz wrote:
> >
> > leeyao at trashymail.com wrote:
> > >
> > >Hi, I try adding google.com to my dns server to get more visitors
> > >but google.com still show search engine.

If you want a serious answer to your question, it's because your
customers are not using your DNS servers to resolve queries (bully for
them, I say).

The next (evil) step that you would have to take would be to intercept
outbound DNS queries (or maybe just the replies, even more evil) and
replace the answers with the ones you want. There are lots reasons not
to do this.

The (slighty less evil, IMHO) other option would be for you to keep
track of google.com's ips (not so easy, as you'll see once you try) and
intercept web requests to those ips and replace them with your own.

Nachman Yaakov Ziskind, FSPA, LLM       awacs at ziskind.us
Attorney and Counselor-at-Law           http://ziskind.us
Economic Group Pension Services         http://egps.com