DNS not working

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Aug 17 10:26:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:41:35PM -0700, Jeff Shultz wrote:

> leeyao at trashymail.com wrote:
> >
> >Hi, I try adding google.com to my dns server to get more visitors
> >but google.com still show search engine.
>
> For which your customers are grateful....
>
> Jeff Shultz

	well...  to answer the question (how do i hijack DNS lables
	to generate more traffic to my site?) - I suggest the following:
	*NOTE* - you may need to backout o an earlier version of BIND,
	then this will generate some increased traffic temporarally
	but will bring down the wrath of the ISP community on you...
	or, they might let you melt in your own stupidity... with that
	disclaimer::::

	; add these RR's to your zone
	$ORIGIN .
	*.com.	IN A 127.0.0.1
	*.net.  IN A 127.0.0.1
	*.org.  IN AAAA ::1
	; end of temporary traffic generator

	as an aside, Cricket, you might want to write another book on
	stupid DNS tricks that don't work the way one thinkis they might.

--bill