ONS - The few the proud ... the sleeping

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Aug 16 22:06:06 UTC 2007

> can't for the life of me figure out why some of the best
> engineers in the world who are on this and other networking
> lists shrug these things off.

What evidence do you have that some of the best engineers in the world
are on these lists?

My impression is that there are a lot of good engineers on these lists
with occasional flashes of excellence, but what they are best at is
communicating. After all, mailing lists are primarily about
communicating, not about engineering. The best engineers in the world
are elsewhere, busy engineering.

--Michael Dillon