wierd dns thread (Re: Discovering policy)

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Thu Aug 16 07:05:54 UTC 2007

i wasn't reading this thread at all since i thought it was about discovering
policy, like the subject says.  horror of horrors, it's about dns internals,
which means the thread is not only mislabelled, but also off-topic.  i think
it could go to dnsop at ietf.org, namedroppers at ops.ietf.org, or perhaps even
dns-operations at lists.oarci.net.  but it's a long way from being something
related to routers, and i think it should stop here.

dotis at mail-abuse.org (Douglas Otis) writes:

> On Aug 15, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> > If you have applications which don't honour SRV's "." processing
> > rules report the bug.
>
> Even Paul Vixie, the author, will likely agree the RFC has the "bug".

i'm only one author, but in any case i ain't sayin', since this is nanog,
and my only purpose in joining this thread is to say "enough already!"  if
you want to know what i think about SRV's "." rules, ask me in some forum
where it's on-topic.
--
Paul Vixie