[policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Wed Aug 15 14:46:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 01:41:17PM -0000, John Levine wrote:

> The real way to get rid of tasting would be to persuade Google and
> Yahoo/Overture to stop paying for clicks on pages with no content
> other than ads, but that would be far too reasonable.

Another way would be to eliminate all registrar grace periods, which
is a significant part of making tasting profitable.  But I don't think
the registrars would allow such a change.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110