[policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue Aug 14 17:37:10 UTC 2007

Carl Karsten wrote:
> I am not saying tasting is a free speech thing, but I do see it
> as something currently legal, and don't see a way to make it a
> crime without adversely effecting the rest of the system.

It is perfectly legal, and no viable remedies are known other than making it
illegal.

The other option is to let the tasters and fast flushers continue unabated
until it impacts service to such an extent that public outcry forces the
government to step in.

Seems to be a classic anarchy v democracy issue, with Arin firmly seated,
on their hands, in the anarchy camp.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting