Domain tasting; a load of hot air?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Aug 14 12:56:45 UTC 2007

> I'd suggest:
>   1) one week latency between registration and entry into the
> TLD nameservers.
>   2) 50% (of 1-year registration fee) 'penalty' for
> cancelling the registration
>      before it hits the TLD servers.
>   3) $250 'surcharge' (to registrant) for 'immediate'
> _irrevocable_ recording
>      in the TLD nameservers,  25% of that surcharge to be
> retained by the
>      registrar, 25% to the registry operator, and 50% to IANA.

Can I assume that you, and all the other people commenting on domain
tasting have filed official comments with ICANN as requested at this web
page? http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-10aug07.htm

Or is this just a load of hot air as usual?

Democracy, you either use it or lose it!

--Michael Dillon