[policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Mon Aug 13 22:27:23 UTC 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Chris L. Morrow wrote:

> why don't the equivalent 'domain tasters' on the phone side exploit
> the ability to sign
> up 1-8XX numbers like mad and send the calls to their ad-music call
> centers?

1.	Maybe they do.

	;>

2.	People tend to be much more careful about punching numbers into a
telephone than typing words on a keyboard, I think.  There's also not
a conceptual conflation of common typo mistakes with common telephone
number transpositions, I don't think (i.e., I'm unsure there's any
such thing as a common number transposition, while there certainly is
with linguistic constructs such as letters).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

            -- Ford Motor Company