[policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

Chris L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Aug 13 18:03:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, John C. A. Bambenek wrote:

> That's exactly the problem.... "the goal of tasting is to collect pay
> per click ad revenue"...
>
> Ten years ago the internet was for porn, now it's for
> MLM/Affiliate/PPC scams.  As long as we put up with companies abusing
> the Internet as long as they are making a buck, they'll keep doing it.

to be very clear, this 'domain tasting' (no matter if you like it or not)
is just using a 'loophole' in the policy/purchase that's there for the
safe guarding of normal folks. It just happens that you can decide within
5 days that you don't want a domain or 1 million domains...

So, to be clear folks want to make it much more difficult for
grandma-jones to return the typo'd: mygramdkids.com for mygrandkids.com
right?

-Chris
(yes, domain tasting is unlikeable)