Content Delivery Networks

Crist Clark Crist.Clark at globalstar.com
Fri Aug 10 23:23:33 UTC 2007

wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2007, at 12:46 PM, John Levine wrote:
>
>>> Very interesting.  We've all heard and probably all passed along
>>> that little
>>> bromide at one time or another.  Is it possible that at one time
>>> it was true
>>> (even possibly for AOL) but with the rise of CDNs, policies of not

>>> honoring
>>> TTL's have fallen by the wayside?
>>
>> I think you'll still see it in spam zombies, some of which have the

>> DNS info
>> pre-loaded into them in order to avoid split-horizon anti-spam
>> techniques.
>>
>> Not much we can do about that until we get sufficient backbone to
deal
>> with the zombie problem and its software enablers.
>
> Actually, I think the fact Zombies do not honor TTLs is a feature.
:)

Fast-flux my MX records to avoid spam? Throw the spammers'
technology back at 'em!

I changed some MX records in mid-July for a domain. Spam was
still flowing into the old MX hosts until I closed the firewall
25/tcp holes just today. Now just logging those zombies still
banging on the gates.
--

Crist J. Clark
crist.clark at globalstar.com
Globalstar Communications                                (408)
933-4387

B¼information contained in this e-mail message is confidential, intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader
of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please contact postmaster at globalstar.com