Content Delivery Networks

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Aug 10 16:46:29 UTC 2007

>Very interesting.  We've all heard and probably all passed along that little
>bromide at one time or another.  Is it possible that at one time it was true
>(even possibly for AOL) but with the rise of CDNs, policies of not honoring
>TTL's have fallen by the wayside?

I think you'll still see it in spam zombies, some of which have the DNS info
pre-loaded into them in order to avoid split-horizon anti-spam techniques.

Not much we can do about that until we get sufficient backbone to deal
with the zombie problem and its software enablers.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.