Gwd: crypted document

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Fri Aug 3 04:03:39 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 7:22 PM, Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, Hex Star <hexstar at gmail.com> said:
>> Why would someone in the ISP industry try to spread a virus?
>> Ironically I
>> suppose a ISP admin may have their own computer infected... :P
>
> Why would someone assume that the sender in a virus email is valid?

A few, it's because the developers really are that stupid.

Mostly, though, it's that they think that if they pretend to be that
stupid then they
can advertise their product via spam that's sent from a wide variety
of places
that can't all be easily blocked. (Most of the developers I've talked
to say that they
know it's stupid, but that's the product requirements they have to
work with).

Cheers,
   Steve