Hotmail blackholing certain IP ranges ?

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Wed Apr 25 18:22:18 UTC 2007

Does anyone have a clue why hotmail is appearantly blocking certain IP ranges ?

I provided a new server for a customer in his own IP subnet which is
a part of a /20 we announce, but for some reason all mail sent to
@hotmail.com addresses disappears.

He has another server in a /24 we announce which is still part of
another network and that works like a charm.

None of our subnets are blacklisted in any spamfilter I can find, so
i'm a bit puzzeled on what's up here.

If any hotmail netadmin is reading this list, can you please check if
81.26.212.0/26 is blocked in any way (It's part of 81.26.208.0/20
originating from AS39556)

According to the mailserver logs all the mail is properly accepted by
the hotmail relays, never to be seen again after that.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl