IP Block 99/8 (DHS insanity - offtopic)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:10:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:34:25 BST, michael.dillon at bt.com said:

> Did that. The first three are from J. Oquendo, Valdis Kletnieks and

Hey - I stayed out of the signed-BGP and signed-DNS lunacy. The only thing *I*
commented on was the reported leakage of 10 to 20 terabytes of data.  And I
think we can all agree that filters and firewalls that leak terabytes of data
qualify as "operational" (the topic, not the filters).

(I'm going to ignore the alternate interpretation, that Chinese downloaded that
much *open* data from NIPRNet, along with multiple (unreported) terabytes of
open data from Akamai, CNN, Apple's iTunes, and hundreds of other similar data
sources.  After all, conflating secure and open data like that in order to
"create" an issue would be just.... wrong.. :)