IP Block 99/8 (DHS insanity - offtopic)

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Tue Apr 24 02:34:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:23:03PM -0400, Sandy Murphy wrote:

> You might try taking a look at the various presentations at NANOG/RIPE/ARIN/
> APNIC/APRICOT about the whole idea.  Central point: the entity that gives
> you a suballocation of its own address space signs something that says you
> now hold it.
>
> No governments involved.
>
> --Sandy Murphy

	no problemo...  when i hand out a block of space, i'll expect
	my clients to hand me a DS record ...  then I sign the DS.
	and I'll hand a DS to my parent, which they sign.
	That works a treat.... today (if you run current code)
	and gives you exactly what you describe above.

	Oh, you want the prefix attestation to be used for soemthing
	other than attestation as to whom holds a given prefix?

	you wnat to attest to the "routability" of said prefix?
	thats a bit more than a simple attestation of responsibility,
	IMHO of course.

--bill