IP Block 99/8 (DHS insanity - offtopic)

Jerry Dixon jerry at jdixon.com
Mon Apr 23 21:35:20 UTC 2007

DHS focuses on facilitating how to make things more secure or reliable via
research, discussions with subject matter experts, and understanding of
various scenarios that could impact our economy, critical services, and
national security concerns.  From that plans get developed, what type of
expertise do we need to reach out to from an operational perspective, how
can we facilitate getting those that provide critical services into areas to
restore them, etc.  (incident coordination/management)

This idea that folks keep promulgating that DHS wants to control the
Internet is ridiculous.  Just like everyone one of you wants to make sure
core Internet services are available to meet your service level agreements
with customers, a reduction in electronic crimes, and concerned about the
health of the Internet are concerns for those in government (pick one) and
outside of government.

My .02....

Jerry