IP Block 99/8 (DHS insanity - offtopic)

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Apr 23 20:58:14 UTC 2007

      On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
    > ...what has that got to do with the DHS promoting an idea to sign IP
    > space allocations and/or annoucements?  The idea in-and-of-itself doesn't
    > sound wholly unreasonable.  (I am not advocating this, just saying the
    > idea shouldn't be rejected without consideration simply because the DHS
    > said it.)

Exactly!  This whole thread has been people arguing against a straw-man.
DHS never asked for any KSKs or anything.  They're not even mentioned in
the report.  HSARPA just put up some of the money to fund the drafting of
the report, as ARPA/DARPA/HSARPA have been funding miscellaneous Internet
stuff forever.

                                -Bill