Number of BGP routes a large ISP sees in total

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Tue Apr 17 23:58:38 UTC 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Yi Wang wrote:

> I couldn't find information about the number of different routes
> for the same prefix
> a (large) AS typically receives/learns.  Hints?

I'd suggest taking a look at the RIBs from routeviews.org or RIPE and
performing an analysis on same.  Some SPs also offer public
routeservers.

A few minutes with a search engine should prove fruitful in this regard.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

         Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                       -- Duong Van Ngo