DHCPv6, was: Re: IPv6 Finally gets off the ground

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Apr 16 01:08:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> With IPv4, PPP IPCP will negotiate a whole bunch of stuff, including
> the addresses of both sides of the link. PPP IP6CP only negotiates a
> 32-bit unique token for each side which can then be used to create
> link local addresses.

I'm pretty sure l2tpns has IPv6 support of some sort.
I was planning on trialling it in exactly this setup - LNS services
for L2TP-provided PPPoE ADSL. Has anyone here done this and enabled
IPv6 negotiation?

<off-topic>
Has anyone sorted out the issues relating to end-point IPv6 security
for home PCs now that NAT is removed?
</off-topic>

Adrian