Question on 7.0.0.0/8

Chris L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Sun Apr 15 23:17:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 22:58 +0100, michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
> > As a result, most people consider William Leibzon and the Bogon project
> > to be, collectively, the authoritative source for information on whose
> > IP address that is. That's because William and the Bogon project, act
> > authoritative, and take some pains to provide comprehensive data.
>
> I truly want to believe that, and I do appreciate the effort that Willam
> and Elan put into this.  That said, I do near-daily diffs between
> changes made to
> http://completewhois.com/bogons/data/data-bgp-announced/announced_bogon-cidr-all.txt
>
> Here are today's deletions from Friday's list, do bogons really change
> that frequently?

>  133.1.0.0/16
>  133.254.0.0/16
>  193.33.178.0/23

NetRange:   133.0.0.0 - 133.255.255.255
CIDR:       133.0.0.0/8
NetName:    JAPAN-INET
NetHandle:  NET-133-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType:    Direct Allocation

inetnum:        193.33.178.0 - 193.33.179.255
netname:        NOWIRES-PI
descr:          No Wires Ltd
country:        GB
org:            ORG-NWL1-RIPE
admin-c:        AT4098-RIPE
tech-c:         JC2953-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PI

neither of those seem to be bogons... but I could be wrong in some way,
I'm sure.