Question on 7.0.0.0/8

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat Apr 14 22:49:23 UTC 2007

* Iljitsch van Beijnum:

> Ok, I wasn't clear: the problem here is that both ARIN and RIPE claim
> net 25.0.0.0/8 as "their own".

This is pretty standard for European /8.  53/8 is yet another example
(Germany has moved to five-digit zip codes since that entry was last
updated).

At a previous job, I tried to fix our netblocks in the ARIN database.
It turned out that legal representation in the U.S. was necessary, so
it wasn't worth the trouble.  Fortunately, ERX cleaned it up for us a
few years later.

Looks like the legacy /8s still need to be ERXed.