AOL Postmaster?

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Fri Apr 13 19:41:22 UTC 2007

>I'm still getting feedback on netblocks we haven't been
>associated with in several years and I've tried about
>20 times to get them to stop it but cannot.  If you call
>they just tell you to email, if you email you get nowhere.
>
>David

Some general, useful NANOG collected wisdom:

"It is so easy to miss pretty trivial solutions to problems deemed
complicated.  The goal of a scientist is to find an interesting problem,
and live off it for a while.  The goal of an engineer is to evade
interesting problems :)"
-- Vadim Antonov

"Protecting everything you've decided is important may be expensive.
It may not be worth the cost. It's best to have made that calculation
before the problem starts, when there's still time to spend money on
protection if you do decide it's worth it."
-- Steve Gibbard

"Curse the dark, or light a match. You decide, it's your dark."
-- Valdis Kletnieks

That is why we've always used a role email account, like
aolabuse at forest.net for an (non-actual) example, specifically setup
to receive AOL's SCOMP feed. Much easier to change than a personal
email. Much easier to /dev/null if the sending party has lost their
clue.

--chuck