Abuse procedures... Reality Checks

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Apr 10 15:07:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:30:32AM +0100, michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
> I also find it curious that you claim to have people on staff at your
> company who know what SWIP means. Perhaps you could ask them to share
> that information with us since I have never seen this documented
> anywhere. Do they really know what you claim they know?

http://www.swip.com/: Scottish Widows Investment Partnership
http://www.uh.edu/~cfreelan/SWIP/: Society for Women in Philosophy
http://www.sat-tel.com/Swip.html: Shared WHOIS Project
http://www.swip.net/: The Swedish IP Network

Note that there are far more entries for chapters of SWIP #2 than for
any others.  But one may assume that you refer to SWIP #3.

Definitions on the Web found by Google do vary slightly.  The referenced
InterNIC policy appears to no longer be available on the InterNIC Web
site.  However,
<http://www.arin.net/registration/guidelines/report_reassign.html>
will do.

There seem to have been more proposals on how to produce a better WHOIS
then one can assume in a reasonable amount of time.  ;-]

--
Joe Yao
Analex Contractor