Abuse procedures... Reality Checks

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Apr 10 09:30:32 UTC 2007

> I have to disagree.  SWIP is not meaningless.
>
> In my company some functions related to sending a SWIP are
> automated, but my company has people on staff who know that
> it is happening and what it means.
>
> And I talk with plenty of other companies that fall into the
> same boat.
>
> In short I find this one comment below to be argumentive and
> full of conjecture.

No more argumentative and full of conjecture than your posting. I said
that there were SOME companies where SWIP is just a mysterious automated
process and nobody on staff fully understands the meaning of it, beyond
the fact that it needs to be done to help get approval for that next
allocation request.

The fact that SOME companies do have a process for managing SWIP as they
understand it, does not mean that there are no delinquents.

I also find it curious that you claim to have people on staff at your
company who know what SWIP means. Perhaps you could ask them to share
that information with us since I have never seen this documented
anywhere. Do they really know what you claim they know?

--Michael Dillon