Localized Root Servers in Europe?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at world.std.com
Sun Apr 8 19:06:45 UTC 2007

"Furthermore, at least one large ISP in Europe is doing the same
thing, redirecting root server traffic to their own servers."

http://www.circleid.com/posts/submit_comment/splitting_root_too_late/

"Furthermore, at least one large ISP in Europe is doing the same
thing, redirecting root server traffic to their own servers. "

Which large European operator has implemented this solution? I would love
to see a talk at the next NANOG about how this works and how it performs.

Best Regards,

Martin

(Note: Article quote slightly out of context. I tried to keep it to
what may be on
          topic here..)