Blocking mail from bad places

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Apr 3 22:18:36 UTC 2007

--- michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:----------------
> Hey, you've just described the FUSSP!  :-(

Solution!?

Since when is a description of one aspect of the problem, considered to
be the solution. In a nutshell I said that the email SPAM problem is
getting worse, not just measured by SPAM volumes or number of new SPAM
techniques, but measured by the number of people turning to non-email
communications channels.

Part of what you said was this:

> : Soon Internet email will be like IRC, a quaint
> : service for Internet enthusiasts and oldtimers,
> : but not a useful tool for businesses or ordinary
> : individuals.

What I meant was: when only a few folks use email, the spammers will go away.  Like parasites on a dead animal body.  The spammer-parasites will find something else to devour.  Besides, it was just a joke.  I should've turned my smiley around.  ;-)

scott