On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

Lasher, Donn DLasher at newedgenetworks.com
Mon Apr 2 20:21:42 UTC 2007

>-----Original Message-----
>From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu] On Behalf Of
Peter Dambier
>Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:46 AM
>To: nanog at merit.edu
>Subject: Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names
>
>Port 25 is bad. It has been blocked.

I thought that.

Rather, I thought a lot more providers would actually be blocking outbound
25 except to their SMTP servers. Just brought up a new mail server for a
friend; moved an old (14+ year) domain.. I was amazed at the number of
connections from rr.com, comcast.net, cox.net, verizon, etc etc etc
obviously not "official" mail servers. I'm actually tempted to start
blocking anything that doesn't say "mail." in it somewhere.. :)