On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names (kill this thread)

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sun Apr 1 04:36:57 UTC 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Gadi Evron wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>
>> If the list feels otherwise, and that it is of interest and within
>> nanog guidelines, then I acquiesce, respecting the greater wisdom of
>> the list.
>
> You do realize this post is not about Microsoft or IE 0days, right?

It's hard to say. By some standards (even if not local ones) I'd be
considered mildly knowledgable about DNS, and from what you've
posted I haven't a clue what the real underlying issue is that you're
wibbling on about, beyond botnets bad (OK) + short TTLs bad (uhm,
no) + getting domains without paying bad (OK) + registries won't
pull domains on my say so (seems reasonable).

I'm prepared to concede, despite your previous history, that there
may well be an actual issue (as there are an awful lot of hideously ugly
corners with both DNS the protocol and domain reigsitration the
policy), but you're being incredibly bad at communicating what
you actually think it is.

You may want to try again.

Cheers,
   Steve