On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names (kill this thread)

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun Apr 1 02:16:38 UTC 2007

>> There is a current on-going Internet emergency: a critical 0day
>> vulnerability currently exploited in the wild threatens numerous
>> desktop
>> systems which are being compromised and turned into bots,

I feel very strongly that this is just
yet-another-Windows-vulnerability.

If I wanted to read about Windows vulnerabilities, then I would be
subscribed to whatever list that is.

As such, it really has no place on nanog.

I don't want to have this list clogged every time some moron has his
Windows 2000 / IIS v5.x site hacked.

Further, you are suggesting that everyone else pay the freight for what
are Microsoft's security problems.

This "Internet Emergency" doesn't appear to be a problem on
Linux/OSX/Solaris; nor have I read about Cisco IOS or CatOS, or
Juniper's OS having problems either.

I actually signed up to post instead of just lurking, specifically to
ask you all to kill this thread.

If the list feels otherwise, and that it is of interest and within
nanog guidelines, then I acquiesce, respecting the greater wisdom of
the list.

--Patrick