West Coast Fiber Cut?

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Fri Sep 29 19:29:28 UTC 2006

Anyone know much about this major west coast fiber between Los Angeles and
Washington that was supposed cut this morning?  Our network is having
gnarly problems through one of our providers and lesser ones through the
other.  Investigation went on for about 2 hours, whereupon i finally
received an email from InterNAP talking about the problems starting at
9:45AM PDT, and being rooted in this fiber cut.  My other provider has
since told me that it was a Qwest fiber, and that most major transit
providers were using it.

Anyone heard anything else about this?

Thanks,

Rick Kunkel