Outages mailing list

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Sep 28 23:32:35 UTC 2006

* from_nanog at corenap.com (Albert Meyer) [Thu 28 Sep 2006, 21:47 CEST]:
>William Allen Simpson wrote:
>>Don't forget to CC all the traffic to NANOG list.
>Please don't do that. We don't need more pontification from Gadi. This
>new separate list sounds like a great idea, if only because it will
>distract him from NANOG-L. I don't post much but I read NANOG-L for the
>operational content, and the off-topic posts generated by Gadi and his
>supporters/detractors significantly reduce the SNR. I've been sending
>him private emails asking him to stop polluting NANOG-L for some time,
>but those emails have had no effect, nor have the numerous public
>requests posted to the list by others. Hoping that another list will
>entice him away seems to be our only hope, and forwarding that list here
>would defeat the purpose.

Gadi's tactics in a nutshell:

1) develop a long-term habit of posting off-topic stuff to nanog
2) get called on it repeatedly
3) challenge what's supposed to be "on-topic" for the mailing list anyway
4) start a new mailing list in an attempt to take real content away from nanog
5) ???
6) profit!

Don't fall for it, people.

	-- Niels.