Armed Forces Information Service.

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Thu Sep 28 15:39:22 UTC 2006

Niels Bakker wrote:

> * ryan.bays at gmail.com (Ryan Bays) [Thu 28 Sep 2006, 15:37 CEST]:
>> Greetings,
>>  Could someone responsible for the armed forces information service
>> please contact me off list.  Thanks.
>> Best Regards,
>> Ryan Bays
>> Angelo State University
>
> If you're looking for a way to keep those pesky recruiters off-campus,
> other forums may be more applicable
>
> HTH HAND
>

>     -- Niels.

Considering that Goodfellow Air Force Base is located about 3-5 miles
from the Angelo State campus (I was stationed there for 5 miserable
months)I doubt this is a problem.

I doubt he wants AFIS though - they're basically a news service, not an
internet one. If it is who he wants though, he should try this:
http://www.defenselink.mil/

I suspect however he's looking for the Defense Information Systems
Network (DISN) and might be best served by going here:
http://www.disa.mil/main/prodsol/data.html

Supposedly there is a www.nic.mil as well, but it doesn't seem to be
accessible from my location currently.

--