Removal of my brain

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Sep 20 22:15:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 billn at billn.net wrote:

> The world has more than eight bits. The community at large (read: me)
does
> not care if someone has been left out because they *chose* to be or lacks
> the ability or wherewithal to adapt. In short: Technical snobbery is not
> operational. It took more effort to respond saying the mail couldn't be
> read than it probably took to sanitize it for reading. Being a member of
> the vocal minority isn't a point of pride, you're just louder than
> someone else.

I don't know why this is even an issue.

I'm on a shell account, on a linux box, reading mail using Pine, and HTML
mail is rendered just fine here, as text with some minimal amount of
markup (extremely minimal).

Pine runs on just about anything, has been around for years, is stable,
and doesn't require plugins or mailcap entries to sanely render HTML to a
text-only display.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.