ARIN sucks? was Re: Kremen's Buddy?

Lasher, Donn DLasher at newedgenetworks.com
Thu Sep 14 09:07:44 UTC 2006

>Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
>>Try looking at it from an outsider's point of view instead. If you're
>>new to dealing with ARIN, it is not uncommon to find the process is
>>absolutely baffling, frustrating, slow, expensive, and requiring
>>intrusive disclosure just shy of an anal cavity probe.

>>Hank Said,
>>I recently had to do the ARIN process for a customer from beginning to
end.  Never had experience with ARIN,
>>nor its methods or templates (only RIPE experience).
>>Took 5 weeks to get a /19 and then an additional 4 weeks to get the
ASN.  YMMV.

YMMV, but my mileage has been just as bad yours, in some cases worse.
Converting from swip's to RWHOIS took 6 months. ARIN is painful. Overly
painful for someone who you pay for the right to  USE IP addresses on a
yearly basis....

Of course, that's just my personal viewpoint.....