Watch your replies (was Kremen....)

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Sep 13 19:43:38 UTC 2006

> It's insulting
> when you trim the message to a shorter statement that you are
> responding to.  The other 18 lines may not have been important to this
> particular response but they were not content free.

If your content was in any way, interesting, then people
will have read it in the message that you posted. I see
no need to repeat a bunch of irrelevant text when I am
only replying to one point in your email.

Personally, I wish more people would trim away all the
irrelevant junk when replying.

On the other hand, in the corporate world I find that
the habit of top posting is very useful to me. I often
see things that were never intended to be sent to me
and I often discover that the previous replies in a thread
betray the fact that the writer did not read or did not
understand the original message.

But on a mailing list, trimmed replies are superior.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. are the standards of this list so unclear that
Darcy and I have to discuss this? Who is right?