Kremen's Buddy?

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Sep 13 09:52:17 UTC 2006

> Ever notice the only folks happy with the status quo are the few who
have
> already have an intimate knowledge of the ARIN allocation process,
and/or
> have the right political connections to resolve the "issues" that come
up
> when dealing with them?

In this case, the "right political connections" means that
we go to the ARIN public policy meetings, participate on the
ARIN Public Policy mailing list
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/ppml
and work to get changes to ARIN policies approved. Like
any other kind of politics, you lose some and you win some
because, in the end, ARIN doesn't do things my way or
your way. That's the politics of compromise.

> Try looking at it from an outsider's point of view instead. If you're
new
> to dealing with ARIN, it is not uncommon to find the process is
absolutely
> baffling, frustrating, slow, expensive, and requiring intrusive
disclosure
> just shy of an anal cavity probe.

Sounds like my very first time trying to get an IP network
functioning between an SCO Xenix server and a bunch of
DOS and Windows 3.0 workstations. Education and experience
do work wonders to solve this problem.

--Michael Dillon