Data Center Wiring Standards

John L Lee johnllee at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 9 03:31:39 UTC 2006

Rick,

The organization and standards you are looking for are:

BICSI  -  http://www.bicsi.org/ and TIA/EIA 568 et al for structured
cabling design for low voltage distribution.

The BICSI organization has training and certification for RCDD
Registered Communications Distribution Designer

A BICSI article that is on there web site about data center design is
http://www.bicsi.org/Content/Files/PDF/link2006/Kacperski.pdf.

TIA/EIA 568(ab) how ever many they are up to discuss structured cabling
design for UTP/STP/fiber/coax including patch cables single and multi
pair UTP/STP/fiber  patch panels,  HVAC control, fire system control and
security systems.

John (ISDN) Lee