[Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

Jonathan Lassoff jonathan at optyweb.com
Fri Sep 8 09:30:38 UTC 2006

Chris Jester wrote:

> I am looking for anyone who has input on possibly the largest case
> regarding internet numbering ever. This lawsuit may change the way
> IP's are governed and adminstered. Comments on or off list please.
> Anyone have experiences like are said in the lawsuit? I would love
> to know if this is true or not.  Anyone with negative ARIN experiences
> that relate to the lawsuit, please let me know, thanks!
>
> For thos interested, you may read this lawsuit here:
> http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:44uxmnEmJVkJ:www.internetgovernance.org/pdf/kremen.pdf+Kremen+Vs+ARIN&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1
>
> Or google for Kremen VS Arin
>
> Chris Jester
> Suavemente, INC.
> SplitInfinity Networks
> 619-227-8845
>
> AIM: NJesterIII
> ICQ: 64791506
>

> Chris Jester
> Suavemente, INC.
> SplitInfinity Networks
> 619-227-8845
>
> AIM: NJesterIII
> ICQ: 64791506
>
> NOTICE - This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> are only for the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are
> not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error. Any use,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or dealing in any way
> whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this e-mail in error, please reply immediately by way of advice to us. It is
> the addressee/recipient duty to virus scan and otherwise test the
> information provided before loading onto any computer system. Suavemente,
> INC.
> does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect
> or error. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
> individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
> the views of Suavemente, INC.

This could be fairly interesting. One bit that did stick out is II. A.
25 (I don't know what the proper notation for this should be), "Recently
a new form of Internet addressing has emerged, called Classless
Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR). In this new addressing protocol, a CIDR
network address could look like this: 190.30.250.00/21. The prefix is
the address of the network, or
gateway, and the number after the slash indicates the size of the
network. The higher the number, the more host space that is in the network."

Well, last I checked, 1993 wasn't recent, and those last two sentences
were quite a mistake.

Cheers,
jonathan