Router / Protocol Problem

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Sep 6 14:09:54 UTC 2006

Does your peer or you have any ACLs on the PtP link which may be
dropping the packets? If your peer is doing uRPF and doesn't have
your route properly installed it can cause problems on their edge.

Are the sites you cannot reach akamaized?  I've had issues with some
akamaized sites when I was being redirected to akamai servers that
weren't on my network. Do a dig on the website and see if it returns
an akamai server

Is there any packet loss/CRC errors on the link to your peer?   A
noisy line will affect large packets more than small packets, I've
had issues where only the text/CSS of a website would come up but the
images would not.

Any MTU issues?  Same as above,  MTU issues causing large packets to
get dropped and no images on websites.

Pings, traceroute,telnet all work in those cases

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President