NNTP feed.

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Sep 6 05:24:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 04:29:54AM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> If folks would end abusing NNTP for file distribution via flooding, the
> matter would quickly be resolved. Am i naive?

There is a reason Usenet hasn't gone the way of Gopher, and I assure you
it isn't because of the the copious spam, net kooks, and trolls. There is
a certain type of content that people want, and I'll give you one guess
what that is... If you don't carry that content, you'll probably be doing
more traffic in backscatter on the IP space then you will in NNTP. :)