NNTP feed.

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Sep 6 02:29:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:27:29PM -0400, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> providing good news service requires tons of disk space and loads
> of network bandwidth,

I'm getting the impression that providing good news service doesn't need
that, only providing good warez service does (and this includes all
copyrighted pictures/video/audio media binaries).

If folks would end abusing NNTP for file distribution via flooding, the
matter would quickly be resolved. Am i naive?

> The last time I looked at newsfeed stats, a full feed with all the
> alt.binaries crap was running around 350 GB/day - I wouldn't be at all
> surprised if it's substantially higher now.

And prolly 349GB/day being exactly the crap you mention.

Best regards,
Daniel